Just a quick note, I've decided to delay the release of my generative organic software until later this year, probably around the end of the year. This is because of two main reasons.
Firstly, as the software depends on the latest in-development build of Blender, I want to wait until at least the scripting API of the software is frozen and stable. The Blender team is working hard on the 2.5 release, and I think at the moment they are working on the scripting API, so finger's crossed.
Secondly, my own workload has increased significantly as I'm trying to get new results, write a paper, and write my thesis. My submission date is < 6 months from now, and once I've submitted I'll have some time to adapt my software to fit Blender's latest scripting interface. Luckily, Bart, who built the interface between SDS and Blender, did so in an excellent manner and so adapting to the new API shouldn't involve much work at all.
Also, my backup hdd is now playing up ... is a PhD = the work you do between all the things that go wrong??